Monday, October 3, 2011

My Google Adsense Account Has Been Disabled


Last Thursday I got an email from Google with this in the body:

After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account poses a risk of generating invalid activity. Because we have a responsibility to protect our AdWords advertisers from inflated costs due to invalid activity, we've found it necessary to disable your AdSense account. Your outstanding balance and Google's share of the revenue will both be fully refunded back to the affected advertisers.

I am disappointed but will continue on with my blog.  I plan on appealing the decision in the near future, but not now as I’ve got a lot on my plate.  I believe that my click-through rates are about standard.  It was just that a handful of my well-intentioned but knuckleheaded friends got on my blog and spammed all my ads.  It’s no surprise that this sent up red flags for Google.  So, I have the following plea:

If and when I get ads on my blog again, PLEASE DON’T CLICK THEM UNLESS YOU ARE TRULY INTERESTED IN THE AD. 

Because of this, I will be suspending my monthly blog income updates for the time being (because they will all be $0!).  Don’t worry, though, Grabowski fans.  I still plan on continuing my weekly updates.

In other news, the Battlefield 3 Beta marches on.  I look to post another video to my YouTube channel tonight.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment